What do you think?
Do you believe that...
1) Babies in the womb deserve protection?
2) Women should be offered support / counselling when considering an abortion?
3) Parental consent should be required for a teenager seeking an abortion (as with piercings)?
4) Abortion up until birth should be banned?
5) Babies born alive (after failed abortions) should be provided with medical care?
6) Suspected sexual abuse of minors seeking abortions should be reported?
7) Partial birth abortions (banned in the U.S) should be banned in Victoria?
8) There should be a "cooling off" period for women considering late term abortion?
9) Abortion should be unthinkable or at least rare?
You might be surprised to learn that all of the Greens, many of the ALP and some Liberal MPs (including the current Vic Premier, Ted Bailleu) rejected each of the amendments included in the questions above (questions 2 -8).
Peter Kavanagh, former DLP MP was in Parliament when this abortion bill was passed. Hear his description here, along with comments from Melissa Ohden
Members of the current Victorian Government have indicated that they are waiting to hear from the public, before they can act to repeal this law. To motivate Victorian MPs we must run a strong and constant campaign.
Please write to them and ask that they repeal the abortion law of 2008 and reinstate protection for the unborn and their mothers.
If you are part of a mother's group, men's shed night, youth group, Church, social club or family... then why not organise a letter writing hour? If you can,please write or email numerous times.
What are we waiting for?!!
Vic Premier -Ted Bailleu:
Office of the Premier
1 Treasury Place
GPO Box 4912V V
Phone: (03) 9651 5000
TTY (for the hearing impaired only): (03) 9682 4864
Email contact form: http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/contact.html
Leader of the National Party - Peter Ryan:
54B Cunninghame Street SALE 3850.
P.O. Box 145,
Phone: (03) 5144 1987
Fax: (03) 5144 7086
Email contact form: http://www.peterryan.com.au/contact-us
Attorney General - Robert Clark:
24 Rutland Road, BOX HILL Vic 3128.
Phone: (03) 9898 6606
Fax: (03) 9890 7180.
If you live in Victoria, please send a message, phone or visit your local MP.
Please contact the Upper House Members in your region.